Service Isn’t Simple
At the first Bonner meeting, we read the article What We Don’t Talk About When We Don’t Talk About Service by Adam Davis and discussed it’s implications on the work Bonners do.
What stuck out to you from this article?
In addition to the question above, please also respond to one of the following questions.
- Why, according to Davis, do people serve? Do you agree with these explanations? What else might motivate service?
- For who is service good, and in what ways?
- Why might service be a difficult subject to discuss?
- Where do you see inequality in the world around you? Which instances of inequality are troubling? Which instances seem acceptable or just, if any?
- Does service address inequality