What Are You Thankful For?

What Are You Thankful For?

November 29, 2021 Uncategorized 28

With the semester coming to an end the holidays approaching, we want you to reflect on everything you are grateful for. This year has challenged us all and it is important to remind ourselves of the good that we’ve experienced. Feel free to share a favorite memory or just share things you’re grateful for.

28 Responses

1. Kimberly Lopez says:

This year has brought me so much joy but at the same time, it hasn’t been easy getting through so many changes in my life. There is a lot I am grateful for this year, I am grateful for my family, friends, and my education. This year has presented me with many changes, for example; coming to Siena College has been the biggest challenge so far not only was it hard adjusting to college life but missing my family made it harder. Thankfully, I was able to find a good support system here at Siena and I developed many skills that had been put to rest during quarantine. When reflecting on 2021 I think about how fortunate I am that I am able to live life working towards my future self.

2. Victoria Taco says:

This semester has allowed me to get to know some incredible people. I am extremely grateful for everyone in Bonner especially the freshmen. Im extremely grateful for getting the opportunity to form bonds with the five others. Im grateful bonner has helped improve on my communication and has helped me grow as a person. Im very lucky to have such good friends that feel like family. Looking back at my favorite memories of the year one that stands out has to be the cdta adventures I’ve been on this semester.

3. Katie Lindsay says:

I am grateful for having basic necessities that any member of society in theory should be able to have and deserve to have like secure and guaranteed housing, safe, clean, and healthy food and water, nice, warm clothes that fit, and people in my life who love and support me. I realized that not everyone has access to those things due to financial or other situation beyond control, which is unfortunate and shouldn’t be happening. For that reason I can’t take those things for granted this time of year and try to remember how lucky I am with the life that I have and with less struggles than I could be facing.

4. Erin Spence says:

This semester, I am so thankful for the amazing people in my life and the community that I have found at Siena. This is the first semester that classes and Bonner have been almost fully back in person, and I have realized how grateful I am for the ability to live on campus and experience everything that a college student can. SGU 2021 was definitely a highlight of the year. It was so great to be able to see my favorite Bonners again and to meet so many new ones. The community that we have formed here in these last couple of months is incredible and I am so thankful for this family! I also feel very blessed to have such amazing and supportive family and friends. This semester has definitely come with challenges, but I have never felt alone in any of them. I am surrounded by such compassionate and understanding people, and I am thankful for all of them.

5. Tori Mangelli says:

I’m grateful for all the wonderful people in my life and the experiences I’ve had this semester. After everything that has happened, I have felt immensely supported by my friends, family, and the Siena community and I couldn’t be more grateful for the ways that people have come together for my roommates and I. I’m grateful for the Bonner family and for the grace and leniency this program has given us this semester, I think we can all agree it was much needed and appreciated. I’m also super grateful/excited to be able to go to Greece next semester!

6. Mara Golden says:

After everything that has happened this semester, I have learned to be more grateful. I am grateful for all of the new people I have met so far and the relationships I have build. I am very grateful for the relationships I have built with the admin in the ACE Office and all of the support they have provided. Outside of Siena, I am grateful for my family. I am grateful for all they have given me and the time I get to spend with them. This year has been tough for everyone and the support I have seen from our campus has been amazing! I could not imagine going to school any place else.

7. Stephanie Da Fonseca says:

I am extremely grateful for all the ways Bonner has pushed me, Bonner not only has been a family, but also a challenge and a motivator. I am grateful to the person I’ve finally become, being able to start working on such an amazing project such as the capstone has put in perspective how much this difficult year has actually pushed me and made me grow into a new person. I’m very grateful to have spent time with my family in a slow paced environment that the pandemic pushed us to live through, seeing the good in these trying times is really a new skill that I hope all of us have acquired. Im just really thankful for everything that happened this past year because eventually everything fell into place and worked out for the best!

8. Sarah Ahmed-Weidman says:

I am thankful for the relationships that were strengthened over this semester and the ones that were formed. I am thankful for the support system I have and for having people who encourage me to pursue my goals and get excited when I accomplish them. I am thankful most of all that this semester we got to all be back on campus. Being able to have people to eat lunch with again or seeing previous classmates made the semester a bit more bearable!

9. Chandler Edbauer says:

I was grateful for West Virginia this year. It really cemented my friendships within the program. I am grateful for my class and having such good times with them.

10. Brianna Rodriguez says:

I’m grateful for the new friends I’ve made this year. In such a short period of time they’ve taught me so much and have helped me open up more and become more comfortable with myself. I’m also grateful for being able to be immersed in a completely new environment. Because of this, I basically had to think more about myself and figuring out who I am and what I want to do. I feel like this has allowed me to grow more as a person and learn how to prioritize myself without feeling guilty. I’m extremely grateful for Bonner because it was immediately welcoming to me during Summer Gear Up and everyone continued to be great people as time went on. It has truly helped me come out of my shell and become a more outgoing, sociable person. This has made me more confident and comfortable with myself, which I feel has changed who I am as a person for the better. Lastly, I’m thankful for Abby. She’s stuck with me through everything and is one of the kindest people I’ve ever met. I can always count on her to be there for me and make me laugh at any moment. It’s crazy how fast we became best friends and I love her so much.

• Abby says:

Bri! I love you so much and am so thankful for you! I am so happy that we have the relationship that we have!

11. Kayla says:

There is so much to be grateful for this year as it comes to an end. I am beyond thankful for my Bonner family and my service site. My service site has open up a new perspective to me about food insecurity. It gives me the opportunity to help people access affordable, healthy, and nutritious foods. I am forever and continue to be grateful to every member in Bonner because they provide so much support and love that is unconditional. One of my favorite memories in Bonner is during Summer Gear when we had our cookout. This is my favorite memory because seeing everyone relax and playing games together made me realize how close out little community really is. This year also highlights how much I appreciate my family because I could not go through the college process without their guidance and encouragement.

12. Michelle Villa says:

This year I’m thankful for having an amazing support system and finally taking the step to getting the help I need. I feel like this year was a wake-up call to work on myself and focus on my mental health. I’m grateful for meeting amazing people and having my parents who supported me with what I’m going through. Even though it’s been a chaotic semester for me, I’m getting the help I need, and being in Bonner has given me so many amazing opportunities that I will cherish.

• Cody Romani says:

Hi Michelle. I am so happy that you were able to focus on yourself this semester. I am grateful for meeting you. You bring a lot of great things to this program.

13. Samantha Lunt says:

I am truly thankful for so much. This year has not been easy, but I think that sometimes during the most difficult times is where I realize how grateful I am. I have learned to become grateful for the little things, like chicken jokes and when the coffee is good at Dunkin! I’m grateful for all of my bonner family, that we have come together this semester and for the friendships that I know will last. I am also grateful for the hard times because it has shown me just how beautiful life is and it makes the good times even better.

14. Michael Averill says:

I’m honestly thankful for Siena. I don’t want to sound like I work for admissions, I don’t. But in all honesty, I am so grateful for everything that this college has given me. I have grown tremendously at Siena, academically, professionally, socially, and spiritually. As a senior, it’s hard not to become nostalgic when looking back at the last few years. I have met so many genuine people and developed relationships that I know will last a lifetime. I have received opportunity after opportunity to learn, travel and, serve, a lot of which stemmed from my involvement in the Bonner program. I have lived and learned everywhere from a soup kitchen in Philadelphia to the rainforest in Costa Rica. I have studied democracy and politics in the heart of our nation’s capital, Washington D.C., and I have studied local community development in New York’s capital, Albany. All of these experiences can be attributed to Siena and Bonner.
    And beyond just the opportunities at Siena, it is the kindness and supportive nature of the community that I have become even more grateful for this semester. At this school, when people reach out and tell you they are there for you no matter what, they truly mean it. I’ve experienced it myself. There is something to be said for a college with a small population and a big heart. Siena is home, and the thought of having to leave it in less than six months is difficult to think about. I’m grateful for the people and opportunities this college has brought into my life.

15. Nancy Rasmussen says:

I have a lot to be thankful for in my life. First, I am thankful for my family. They keep me grounded and support me no matter what. Second, I am thankful for my friends. They always know how to put a smile on my face during tough times. Third, I am thankful for ACE! It’s always nice to know that I have a constant support system on campus. I’ll forever be grateful for the opportunities I have had through this program and the great people I have met along the way 🙂

16. Rachel+Gifford says:

This semester has been a lot. I’m grateful for my family, friends, and my Bonner family. Through West Virginia, SGU, and this semester in general I’ve found an amazing and loving family! There’s been a lot of mishaps and sad times, but also a lot of laughs and good times. I truly know that I can rely on anyone in Bonner and that they can rely on me and that has helped me get through the hard times this semester. Some of my favorite memories are watching Sam crack up while telling chicken jokes, starting in person at Food Pantries, and being sleep-deprived during SGU! And now I can look back and smile even at the hard times because I have made amazing lifelong friends through it.

17. Liz MacMurray says:

This year, I really had a lot to reflect back upon and realize how much I was so grateful for. Being a Bonner has allowed me to meet some amazing people and have so many amazing experiences while having eye-opening conversations and learning so much. Cause of that, I am so grateful for being able to be a part of this program! I’m also extremely grateful for all my friends and family who have been there for me through this difficult year!

• Cody Romani says:

Hi Liz, I am glad you are happy to be a Bonner and love being in this program! You are a hard worker and a great asset to this program.

18. Ava Bibisi says:

This year has left me feeling extra thankful for my friends and family. I noticed this holiday season that getting to spend time and enjoy thanksgiving with family has definitely gotten taken for granted in the past, and being able to all spend time together is something I’m thankful for. I am lucky that I have a safe home, parents, and dogs to go to during the holidays and often take those things for granted. I’m grateful for my parents and all that they have done for me especially this time of year. I am also very thankful for the relationships I have been able to form at Siena and within the Bonner community.

19. Amanda Molloy says:

This year has been extremely challenging but in that, it is so easy to look at all the people who I am thankful for who have helped me through. I am always grateful for my family and friends from both Siena and back home who are always there for me. This semester especially I am extra grateful for my roommate and fellow Bonner. She has been an amazing friend and support system and school and service have truly become better experiences with her! I am also grateful for Bonner and ACE as a whole because it is such a great thing to be a part of!

20. Nia Colon says:

As I reflect on what I am thankful for the first two things that come into my head are my family and friends. This past semester has been a bit challenging for me and those who stood behind me are the people that I am most thankful for.

21. Abeer Jafri says:

There are so many things to be grateful for, and I think I realized this even more after the pandemic we are facing. I am thankful for great friends and a supportive family; there are many people in my life who I love spending time with and I know will always have my back. I am also grateful for Siena, and the professors, students, and programs that make it such a homey environment and a great place to learn and grow. Lastly, I am grateful for coffee, because without it, I don’t think I would be able to function to accomplish half of the things I have to do!

22. Jackson Regan says:

What I feel most thankful for is my supportive family. They have always had my back and held my best interests at heart. They have always looked out for me and supported me throughout my Siena journey, and I would not be here where I am today without them.

23. Samantha Gisleson says:

I have so many things in my life to be thankful for. As the semester comes to an end, so does my time as a Bonner and as a Siena student. While I am sad to leave the amazing people I have met at Siena, I am so grateful to have called this school home for just over 3 years. I am especially grateful to have been a member of this program. I have met some of my best friends through Bonner and have gained so much from being a Bonner. I could not imagine my college experience without this program and want to thank everyone in it that has made an impact on my life!

24. Abby James-Vickery says:

I am thankful for so much in my life. One thing I am feeling extra thankful for are all the new people I have met the past few months. I have met so many people that are so supportive and are always there for me. I met my best friend here, who is the best person I have ever met. She is funny, kind, supportive, and loves me more than I could ever imagine. I am also thankful for all the Bonners and I appreciate their continued support. Overall, I am thankful for the people in my life and am so happy they are here. I hope you all have a great rest of the semester!

25. Cody Romani says:

There have been many great memories this semester. I am really thankful for the entire ACE community and all the hard work everyone does. Summer Gear Up was a lot of fun because I was able to meet more of you and engage in wonderful conservations. It also has been great serving as a program associate and working with all the Bonners. It has been wonderful working with the other program associates and the ACE Administrators too. ACE Friendsgiving was a lot of fun too. I hope everyone has a great rest of the semester.